NOW RECRUITING for 2021
We are currently looking for A senior ecologist and another assistant ecologist to join our team for 2021, see details below.
Please no recruitment agency applications. Thank you.
We are looking to recruit a full-time ecologist based out of our Overton office. The post would include a mixture of office based and field work. You will need a willingness to travel outside the locality and work flexible hours, including night working. As a small consultancy passionate about what we do we are looking to recruit someone who is a good fit for our team and who wants to progress their career.
You will have and be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant degree qualification
- An ability to manage ecology projects
- At least 5 years of experience of working in an ecological consultancy
- Membership of CIEEM
- Knowledge of best practice survey and mitigation guidance
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislation
- Level 2 bat survey licence
- Understanding and experience of protected species surveys and habitat assessments
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 Habitat surveys and surveys for protected species
- Experience of writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals HRA assessments ans Biodiversity management plans.
- The ability to liaise with clients, lead ecology team members
- An interest in actively engaging with the design process to incorporate ecological measures into development proposals to deliver biodiversity net-gain
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to work flexibility
Other elements which would be of benefit:
- Possess one or more other protected species licences
- Experience of producing BNG assessments using the Defra metric
- Competent using QGIS
What we offer:
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on skills and experience.
A benefits package of pension training and outdoor equipment allowance
A beautiful working environment with views directly on to the Test, (kingfisher, water rail, water vole sightings guaranteed)
An enhanced leave package which includes Friday’s off December – February.