NOW RECRUITING for 2022
After a extremely busy year last year with a host of new and exciting projects we are looking to recruit at all levels.
Do you want to be part of a consultancy with strong core principles that values and rewards it's team with plenty of opportunity for training and progression? - CA Ecology could be for you.
Our offices are nestled in the heart of rural Hampshire with views out over the River Test make for a pleasant working environment. However, flexible home working is also an option.
Please no recruitment agency applications. Thank you.
CA Ecology are currently seeking reliable and motivated individuals to join the team based at our office in Overton, Hampshire. You will work alongside our team, undertaking field surveys for a range of species (e.g. bats, GCN, badger, reptile, otter and water vole) across the South. You will also be responsible for managing and analysing field data, carrying out desk studies and contributing to technical reports. Full training will be provided.
The position will be a five/six month full time contract beginning in April. This is an excellent opportunity for ecologists looking to develop their skills and experience in consultancy.
The successful candidates will:
- Have a degree in ecology or related subject
- Be flexible, and able to work unsociable hours
- Have a full driving licence and a car insured for business use
- Live locally or be willing to re-locate
- Demonstrate a knowledge and passion for working in ecology
- It is also desirable that you have CIEEM membership
CA Ecology undertakes a variety of ecological surveys but specialises in bat surveys. This would be an excellent opportunity for those wishing to work towards their bat licence and gain skills and experience with a range of survey techniques. We offer a competitive package to successful candidates wishing to join our small friendly team.
£20,800 pro rata
Closing date for applications 28/2/22
We are looking to recruit a full-time ecologist based out of our Overton office. The post would include a mixture of office based and field work. You will need a willingness to travel outside the locality and work flexible hours, including night working. As a small consultancy passionate about what we do we are looking to recruit someone who is a good fit for our team and who wants to progress their career.
You will have and be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant degree qualification
- An ability to manage ecology projects
- At least 2 years of experience of working in an ecological consultancy
- Membership of CIEEM
- Knowledge of best practice survey and mitigation guidance
- Knowledge of UK and EU legislation
- Understanding and experience of protected species surveys and habitat assessments
- Experience of undertaking Phase 1 Habitat surveys and surveys for protected species
- The ability to liaise with clients, lead ecology team members
- Full UK driving licence
Other elements which would be of benefit:
- Possess one or more other protected species licences
- Experience of producing BNG assessments using the Defra metric
- Competent using QGIS
- Level 2 bat survey licence
- Experience of writing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals HRA assessments and Biodiversity management plans.
What we offer:
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000pa depending on skills and experience.
- A benefits package including training and outdoor equipment allowance
- Company pension
- A beautiful working environment with views directly on to the Test, (kingfisher, water rail, water vole sightings guaranteed)
- Flexible working
- An enhanced leave package which includes Fridays off December – February.
We are also seeking a Senior Ecologist, with a salary of up to £45,000pa. If you are interested in a role with CA Ecology at this level, we are keen to meet people to discuss possibilities.